Sunday, October 31, 2010

Final Existence

A man awakens from his sleep during the night.  He hears something moving out in the hallway, and finally he hears the door slowly creek open.  He didn't dare look over at what was entering the room.

Man: Who is there?

(Silence)


Man:  I know you're there.

(Silence)

Man:  Who are you?

(Silence)

Man: 
What are you doing here?

Shadow:  I am hungry.

Man:  You are hungry?  That's why you break into my home?

Shadow:  I have no choice.

Man: 
I'll give you ten seconds to get out of my house, or I'll call the police.


Shadow:  That won't be necessary... I do not obey your kind.

Man:  Haha my kind?  What kind of person are you?


Shadow:  I'm not.

Man:  ... Just get out of my house!

Shadow:  I will not leave, I have not done what I have come for.

Man:  And what is that?

Shadow:  I need to collect.


Man:  Collect what?  Food?

Shadow:  ...Souls...

Man:  Haha... souls!  It's in the middle of the night, stop playing jokes!

Shadow:  No jokes...

Man:  No jokes? Haha.  How do I know if it's not a joke?

Shadow:  Look at me... and lose your soul.

Man:  Haha fine, I'll look and see this trespasser.

(Man sees the shape of the Shadow and begins to be sucked away.)

Man:  *screams* ...  wha....t are... you doing... to me?

Shadow:  You are a foolish man.

The man was soon gone.  No longer existing, in memory or in reality.  Not one person would remember him, he never lived in that house... what house?

3 comments:

  1. This was freaking awesome. We read it in both classes and it was just fun to perform. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Action: -Man: He wants the shadow to get out of his house.
    -Shadow: Wants to collect the man's soul.
    Conflict: The shadow won't leave because he wants the man's soul.
    * Event: The man ends up losing his soul because he thinks that the shadow is playing a joke.

    Changes: I think I could have made it longer, it seems like I rushed it. I could change the man's personality a little bit to be more scared and serious.

    ReplyDelete